I have recently been contemplating some changes to this blog, most of which don’t matter. However, one does, and I’d like to share it with you in hopes of getting your help with a decision.
The decision is related to blog content. I am thinking about renaming the blog, and modifying the content a little bit, mostly to include things other than sewing, since I already write about them anyway. The contributing factors:
- I started this venture as a way to vent my own sewing frustrations, which were happening very frequently a year ago when I began sewing. At this point, I still have plenty of frustrations (Exhibit A and Exhibit B), but they are becoming fewer and fewer as time goes on.
- I’ve also discovered that I enjoy writing this blog for the sake of writing it … I used to write frequently, and this is a very nice outlet for me to do just that.
- Those who know me in real life might understand my tendency to get excited (read: obsessive) and throw myself into various hobbies and interests.
- I like the idea of writing about non-sewing interests such as other crafts, gaming (board and video games), holidays, and vacations.
Elizabeth and I took these general ideas and began generating a list of ideas for the new blog title. I’m listing some of the better ones below. Don’t judge us, we are fans of alliteration.
- Plethoric Pursuits
- Trivial Pursuits (see what we did there? Tied in the board game aspect … however, Trivial Pursuit is not one that I enjoy, ironically)
- Capricious Callings
- Dangerous Distractions
- Overwrought Obsessions
- Unreasonable Undertakings
- Mercurial Musings
- Eclectic Entertainment
- Assorted Amusements
- Indiscriminate Infatuations
Which ones do you like best? Or do you have another suggestion? I am not looking for only titles that involve alliteration, so feel free to toss anything at me!