It seems the next few sewing projects that I intend to complete involve tops. I have cut 2 out of 3 of these projects. Well sorta.
I have cut muslin to make a practice version of the corset. This way I can curse my way into oblivion knowing I did not mess up the real thing. In the above picture you can see I have cut enough pieces for both the outside and the lining. I also recently ordered a few items from an online corset materials store. I want to have these to practice with since I am planning to take the amount of cursing I do during sewing projects to new heights.
2) Simplicity 3750, a new acquisition.
I will actually be making this pattern twice – once for me, once for a friend. For me, I have selected View D and the above striped knit. I still need a contrast fabric for the sash. I am thinking either lavender or the bright pink to match the stripes. I figure if I make my top first, I am less likely to mess up the one I am making for my friend.
3) McCalls 6119 (from The List)
I haven’t cut this pattern or the fabric yet, though I know what I will use. However, I did open the instructions, and LOOK!!
On the bottom right of the picture, you might notice that this pattern includes different pieces depending on your cup size! Huzzah! Would be nice if more patterns did this rather than just assuming everyone is a B, and making users adjust if they are not. I will be making View C of this one in a lovely and obnoxious large blue and gray animal print.
I am also just flat out excited by the lack of pieces in general for the above patterns. I should apparently make more shirts. I doubt I will feel the same way about the corset but who knows.
That is really all I have to say today. Glad I have some new things planned, and I am looking forward to making progress on the corset / fairy costume. It isn’t much when your costume consists only of a necklace so far …