Welcome to 2014 – also known as YEAR 3 for my blog.
While I am refusing to make a new year’s resolution in 2014, I do have some goals for this blog, and I thought I would share them with you in hopes that one of you readers will hold me accountable! So without further ado:
QQ Blog Goals for 2014
- Increase blog traffic. This blog received double the traffic of its first year during 2013. I’m hoping that is not a fluke, and that it will keep improving in the next year. I’m gonna keep the numbers to myself because I know this is still a super small-time blog, but I’m pretty happy with how things have been going.
- Link and utilize social media more. This is definitely related to the first one. I don’t consider myself to be a very social individual, but I feel like I can probably learn to do okay with this online where I still have some anonymity. So if you are a regular reader here, and haven’t followed QQ on Twitter and Facebook, please do so!
- More costuming. Let’s face it. I’m clearly happiest when I’m scheming and creating a design and plan for costumes, even though the frequency of wear for such things is not high (at least not for me), and the timeline is long. The statistics tell me that this is a popular area of the blog, so I’m going to try to do a bit more of this.
- More variety. This blog originally started as a sewing outlet. It is still mainly that, so I’d like to expand even more this year. I hope to add more regular posts about craft and house projects, board game reviews, and the traveling I do.
- Better Design. You’ll likely see organization, color, and theme change throughout the year as I explore more of the tools available to me through WordPress, and try to make this place into something more my own.
This last piece I’m not putting on my main list because it’s not really in my control. In fact, it’s in your control! I’d love more comments, feedback, and suggestions. If you have ideas for projects or costumes, please let me know in some way – via the blog, facebook, twitter, anything! And I do read and try to respond to all comments made here, so keep ’em coming! 🙂
It’s gonna be a great year – THANKS for reading! 😀