Happy Friday, all! Today, I’ll finish up posting the rest of my DragonCon 2014 cosplay photos.
First off, let me cover one of the ones I did not catch with the camera. The following photo was originally taken by and posted on Talk Amongst Yourselves. You’ll want to head over there to take a peek at the video they captured as well.
We saw this dragon – whose name is Alduin from Skyrim (made by Sedulous Studios) – several times over the course of the weekend, each time with handlers. Once in the Hilton (pictured above) and once in the Marriott. My biggest question is … how on earth did this get to the con? I am very curious to know how it breaks down. I don’t know who made this costume, so if anyone does, please let me know and I can credit them and post a link, etc. (UPDATE: YAY – thanks for posting in the comments Sedulous Studios! Credits added.)
All right, onto the rest of the photos we took. I think we saw 15 of them yesterday, so we’ll start with 16.
16. Behemoth robot – I have no clue what it is from, but it is really cool. And it says “Behemoth” on the helmet. Let me know if you can identify it, and sorry for the blurry dude who almost walked through the photo.
17. Young Doctor Octopus – This little kid was super cute with his fancy lighted doc oc cosplay! Conveniently, he was nearby me while I stood in line for some photos to be taken by the professional photographer.
18. What do you call a group of Jedi? A gaggle? A handful? An Asswhoop? A Force (*giggle snort*)? I like that last one…
19. The girl’s suit of armor from World of Warcraft was my favorite from the WOW Costume Contest. Her husband also had a matching set (possibly from arenas?), but he walked by too fast for me to capture him.
20. This costume was also from the WOW Costume Contest – a warlock. I love the handmade imp pet he or she is carrying, and the health and mana potion details on the belt.
21. This warrior looks like he is from Skyrim, but I am not certain. Regardless, his costume is badass.
22. There is nobody better to protect you from the brain-eating zombie hordes than a muppet. I do like the creativity in this anti-zombie Beaker! Also, that sign behind him reads, “These are not the doors you are looking for. Move along.” Tee hee.
23. Another stylized version of Groot. This cosplayer was doing the Groot dance from within a pot on the Marriott Atrium level – super cute and in character 🙂 For the record, I saw a third groot, who had their OWN pot that they carried around, then put down when they needed to dance. Didn’t manage to photograph that one though.
24. Another cool dragon costume on the right, and a tribal harem lady on the left.
25. Guardians of the Galaxy were pretty popular to cosplay this year. Here’s a Starlord and a Rocket I captured.
26. This guy is from Warhammer and looks freaking awesome.
27. A third nifty take on a dragon. I love the color choices in this one.
28. A bunch of Rockford Peaches from A League of Their Own! Love!
29. Sly Cooper!! I had visions of making a Sly cosplay a few years ago, but became disinterested. This lady rocked it!
30. Steampunk Ariel was quite popular this year. I loved this lady’s rendition – her trident lit up, and she has a dinglehopper and a snarfblat hanging off her utility belt!
31. Fantastic Stained Glass Hat Lady – I’m not super sure what she is, but she gives off a bit of a steampunk church bishop vibe. And THAT HELM! *faints* I am dying to know how she made it.
32. A cute Tardis costume!
33. And last but not least, a terribly blurry photo of the Steampunk Tron Jesus we saw wandering the convention.
Well, that’s the last of the photos I have for you folks. I did better than last year, but I am sorry that the quality of a lot of these is low. When in costume, I typically only carry my iPhone as a camera. Regardless, I hope you enjoyed your peek into DragonCon! Next week, more on gaming while we were there, and details of the professional photoshoot.