Well, here we are at the end of another great year! At the beginning of the year, I set a few goals for myself and this blog. Here they are:
1. Increase blog traffic. Definitely succeeded here as you’ll see below – I have doubled views each year.
2. Improve use of social media. I’m still not wonderful at this, but ANY social media use seems better than none, right?
3. More costuming and cosplay. I made 8 costumes this year, compared to 2 or 3 the year before. Check!
4. More variety. There is a nice smattering of travel posts, other crafts, and board game reviews thrown in this year. I also gained some viewers from Boardgamegeek.com.
5. Better design. I did a little bit of this at the beginning of last year, but realistically I haven’t changed the blog much. I guess if there was any goal I was okay failing on, it’s this one.
Rather than bore you with a long discussion of how I met or failed to meet my goals, I made an infographic that seems to summarize the year nicely. The short story here is that the blog has doubled in size, and I continue to discover what type of content I enjoy writing. But this blog began as a way to document my projects and interests, and I feel like at its core, this is still true.
One final thing. I did decide to employ Google Adsense on this site this year. While entertaining to watch, I will never be able to quit my day job based on ad revenue here unless traffic doubles many, many more times … suffice it to say, my husband and I will go enjoy lunch at Moe’s with my earnings for the year. LOL
Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2014 was a pleasant year, and that 2015 is even more fruitful for you!