MegaCon 2015 Cosplay Photos: My Top 15

Well, I’m back from a great weekend at MegaCon 2015 down in Orlando!  I had a blast (with the exception of the extra traffic during the drive home on Sunday) with some excellent company in tow – my husband, father, and mother-in-law.  I plan to do a full review on the con later this week, but let’s be honest – most folks are interested in all the cool cosplay that happened this weekend.  So let’s get started!

We will begin with my favorites from the weekend!  Thanks to my dad and Debbie for sending me their photos to post here as well 🙂  If you know (or are) any of these amazing folks, please let me know, I am happy to link or give credit as I can.  These are in no particular order, just a collection of my favorites.

1. Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas – Done by Theadorah Johnson – look at her Zero!!  The details on this one are just amazing!  And I totally respect body paint these days … Follow her on Facebook!

Sally

2. Strongbad – Cosplayed by Jeff (see comments).  I love the uniqueness of this one.  In all my conventions, this is the first one I have seen, and he brought me back to all the good Homestar Runner memories from years ago!

StrongBad

3. Left Shark – OK, so I didn’t watch the Superbowl, but I know about Left Shark, and this was pretty awesome.

LeftShark

4. Old Spice Guy – I’ve seen the Old Spice Guy at other conventions, but this guy in particular got me because of his pose and he was acting out the character so well!  Bonus for an awesome Green Lantern tattoo!

OldSpice

5. Dr. Hammond – from Jurassic Park!  This guy really looked a lot like the character, and while that doesn’t matter when you are cosplaying, I definitely think it can add something to the illusion 🙂

DrHammond

6. Pikachu Family – This is another original set for me, and I love the Steampunk vibe they are giving off as well.

PikaFamily

7. David and “Max” from Flight of the Navigator – So much nostalgia!  I loved this movie growing up, and this was a clever way to portray it!  I kept seeing this guy around the con over and over again.  He even has the little alien dude on his hat!

FlightOfTheNavigator

8. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider – Well done costumes and I loved that Flynn (cosplayed by Jake Davis) totally had the facial expressions down pat!  Check out Melanie’s (Rapunzel) Facebook page!RapunzelAndFlynn

9. Steampunk Green Lantern – Loved all his glowing el wire goggles and contraptions!

SteampunkGreenLantern

10. Imperials on Banthas – You see Star Wars Stormtroopers and Tie Fighter Pilots frequently enough, but they do not appear on banthas very often.  WIN!

IMG_0502

11. Queen of Hearts – This was a popular one for the convention (more on that later), but this lady had one of the most amazing cosplays I have ever seen for this character.  So freaking cool!

IMG_1669

12. Merida – I liked the details on this Merida’s dress, and that she did the fancier version of her dress rather than the more typical Merida dresses you see in cosplay.

IMG_1649

13. Mal and Anara from Firefly – These two were nearby us in line for photos with the Firefly celebs that were at the con, and they looked fantastic!

IMG_1653

14. Asuna from Sword Art Online – I don’t watch a ton of anime, but we watched this within the last 6 months, and I’ve enjoyed it.  Her cosplay was quite well done!

Asuna

15. Princess Twilight Sparkle – I always see lots of pony cosplays, but this girl, Jessica, did a very nice rendition of Twilight, so Debbie and I had to take a photo with her in our pony outfits!  I love the sleeves on her blouse, the crown, and the addition of gold into the skirt.  Very nicely done!

FullSizeRender

We took tons more photos at the convention, and I’ll make sure to share some of the good ones over the next few days, but hopefully you enjoyed this list of my favorites!  Happy Monday!

17 comments for “MegaCon 2015 Cosplay Photos: My Top 15

1. April 13, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Yes — Strongbad!!!!

• April 13, 2015 at 1:28 pm

I completely stopped whatever conversation I was having at the time and ran up to this guy asking for his picture. So awesome!

• Jeff
      April 13, 2015 at 11:19 pm

Hey thanks! I was the Strong Bad at Megacon and had a blast. It was great how many people remembered him, and even better listening to fans explain who he was to friends who had never heard of him before.

• April 14, 2015 at 7:05 am

It was a great choice for a cosplay! Next time you need a buddy to be the Cheat! 🙂

• Jeff
          April 14, 2015 at 4:31 pm

On Day 1, my 5 month old had a real simple Cheat onesie, but he didn’t make it out of the stroller much.

• April 14, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Oh man! I bet that was adorable!

2. April 13, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Glad you had a good time! You and your mother in law look great. 🙂

• April 13, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Thanks! It was really fun wearing the costumes together! 🙂

3. Theadorah Johnson
    April 13, 2015 at 8:58 pm

Omg! The Sally is me! Thank you so much and was glad to meet you and all of the other crazy lovely people at the con! ^.^

• April 13, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Yay, glad you found this then! Let me know if you have site or page you’d like me to link to! Your cosplay was amazing – it was one of the ones that stayed with me throughout the whole convention!

• Theadorah Johnson
        April 14, 2015 at 1:03 pm

I maintain CreatureCosplays on facebook and instagram for progress and cosplay shots if you’d like to link to one of those <3. With the weight of the props and the time to blend all of my paint and such it is an intense costume but so worth the responses I get ^.^

• April 14, 2015 at 1:10 pm

I can’t imagine how long the paint takes! You should be linked now! 🙂

• Theadorah Johnson
            April 14, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Oh the exact mix for the colour alone if not using my airbrush is 3 hours then I have to do my stitches, redo nails each day, my face, then seal it all. Body paint is one of those things that isn’t as easy to slip on and off to change and a lot of people underestimate the work it is to get a smooth look XD

4. April 13, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Rapunzel is myself and Flynn is Jake Davis! My cosplay page is Facebook.com/teakettel, I’ll link this there! (:

• April 13, 2015 at 10:30 pm

Fantastic, thanks! You guys looked wonderful! I will follow and link to you 🙂

5. Jessica
    April 13, 2015 at 11:57 pm

I’m the Twilight Sparkle in #15! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments and you both look fantastic! Friendship is magic!

• April 14, 2015 at 7:08 am

So glad to meet you! You did the best Twilight I have seen, and we were so excited when we walked into the hall and saw you! 🙂