Well, I’m back from a great weekend at MegaCon 2015 down in Orlando! I had a blast (with the exception of the extra traffic during the drive home on Sunday) with some excellent company in tow – my husband, father, and mother-in-law. I plan to do a full review on the con later this week, but let’s be honest – most folks are interested in all the cool cosplay that happened this weekend. So let’s get started!
We will begin with my favorites from the weekend! Thanks to my dad and Debbie for sending me their photos to post here as well 🙂 If you know (or are) any of these amazing folks, please let me know, I am happy to link or give credit as I can. These are in no particular order, just a collection of my favorites.
1. Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas – Done by Theadorah Johnson – look at her Zero!! The details on this one are just amazing! And I totally respect body paint these days … Follow her on Facebook!
2. Strongbad – Cosplayed by Jeff (see comments). I love the uniqueness of this one. In all my conventions, this is the first one I have seen, and he brought me back to all the good Homestar Runner memories from years ago!
3. Left Shark – OK, so I didn’t watch the Superbowl, but I know about Left Shark, and this was pretty awesome.
4. Old Spice Guy – I’ve seen the Old Spice Guy at other conventions, but this guy in particular got me because of his pose and he was acting out the character so well! Bonus for an awesome Green Lantern tattoo!
5. Dr. Hammond – from Jurassic Park! This guy really looked a lot like the character, and while that doesn’t matter when you are cosplaying, I definitely think it can add something to the illusion 🙂
6. Pikachu Family – This is another original set for me, and I love the Steampunk vibe they are giving off as well.
7. David and “Max” from Flight of the Navigator – So much nostalgia! I loved this movie growing up, and this was a clever way to portray it! I kept seeing this guy around the con over and over again. He even has the little alien dude on his hat!
8. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider – Well done costumes and I loved that Flynn (cosplayed by Jake Davis) totally had the facial expressions down pat! Check out Melanie’s (Rapunzel) Facebook page!
9. Steampunk Green Lantern – Loved all his glowing el wire goggles and contraptions!
10. Imperials on Banthas – You see Star Wars Stormtroopers and Tie Fighter Pilots frequently enough, but they do not appear on banthas very often. WIN!
11. Queen of Hearts – This was a popular one for the convention (more on that later), but this lady had one of the most amazing cosplays I have ever seen for this character. So freaking cool!
12. Merida – I liked the details on this Merida’s dress, and that she did the fancier version of her dress rather than the more typical Merida dresses you see in cosplay.
13. Mal and Anara from Firefly – These two were nearby us in line for photos with the Firefly celebs that were at the con, and they looked fantastic!
14. Asuna from Sword Art Online – I don’t watch a ton of anime, but we watched this within the last 6 months, and I’ve enjoyed it. Her cosplay was quite well done!
15. Princess Twilight Sparkle – I always see lots of pony cosplays, but this girl, Jessica, did a very nice rendition of Twilight, so Debbie and I had to take a photo with her in our pony outfits! I love the sleeves on her blouse, the crown, and the addition of gold into the skirt. Very nicely done!
We took tons more photos at the convention, and I’ll make sure to share some of the good ones over the next few days, but hopefully you enjoyed this list of my favorites! Happy Monday!