Completed List Items and More!

I made a lot of progress on my post-DragonCon list over the weekend! 🙂  And on a few other house / nesting items as well.  I guess it is good to feel productive…

One of the items on my list was to take three curtain panels that Debbie had bought and cut them in half, making 6 smaller pieces so she would have enough for her windows.  This sounded like a very easy task, and it was, even though I have never messed with curtains before.  Definitely gives me some confidence before I make the curtains for the baby’s room soon.

Here was my process for splitting these curtains.

1.  Fold them in half length-wise, and cut along the fold.

2.  Sew a rolled hem along the cut edge of each curtain piece.


3.  Carefully hem along the top edge of the curtain, making sure to preserve the spots for the curtain rod.

In total, I think this took me an 60-90 min.  That includes the cutting.  Very quick!  Here is the final stack of curtains. 

In other non-sewing projects, Jesse and I have gotten 2/3 of the way done with cleaning and reorganizing our garage.  This week I have to call for a bulk pick-up with our trash company, and then I think we’ll be able to complete the final stages of that.  There is definitely some nesting going on, but the garage was Jesse’s plan, not mine.  I should have taken a before picture here too, but anyone who saw my garage before we started knows that one side was pretty much a giant pile of empty Amazon boxes …

 In addition to the garage, we spent a portion of Saturday borrowing my in-laws’ truck to purchase about 30 bags of river pebbles to make the flowerbeds in front of the house look presentable again.  Now that we have gutters, the roof runoff won’t make lakes in the flowerbed dirt, and the rocks will look nice too.  I wish I had taken a before picture, but here is the after. 

I also got the second color on the baby room accent wall painted.  I don’t remember the shade exactly, but it reminds me of an apricot – somewhere between a pastel orange and a yellow.  And now the wall is taped in preparation for the final turquoise stripe. 

And last but not least we bought some cabinet organizers for one of the larger cabinet spaces in our kitchen.  Namely, the area we keep the pots in.  I am not the best about neatly stacking pots or tupperware in my lower cupboards, since they require bending over to access.  But now, we have pull out spots for the pots and pans and lids!  The other side of this cabinet will be getting some pull out love as well, but just shelves. These were a somewhat pricey upgrade (about $200) but I have a feeling that I will consider this to be money well spent … I think that is it for today’s post.  Later this week, I’ll talk about the dwarf costumes I made for a friend and his family to take on their trip to Disney!  Ta for now!

 

 

 

2 comments for “Completed List Items and More!

  1. September 21, 2015 at 10:28 am

    The flower beds look great! And I’m excited to see Baby Allen’s room come together!

     
    • September 21, 2015 at 10:44 am

      Thanks! It’s a little blinding to walk out the front door now when the sun is shining on the rocks, but still looks way better than the dirt did … lol.

       

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *