It happens every year, and this year is no different – from DragonCon onward, the year just speeds by! It’s been a whole month since I blogged anything, and quite honestly, the next time I do so my son will probably have arrived. So updates …
- Orkfest 2015 was held in Pigeon Forge, TN the second week of November. It was a blast as usual – I love visiting with our Orkfest friends, both new and old, and it was really nice celebrating an early Thanksgiving with them.
- Our good friends, Suzanne & Colin, threw us a baby shower while we were at Orkfest – complete with tons of food, superhero masks, capes, and a baby themed obstacle course that I got to watch people complete. Very fun!
- We finished up a campaign of Risk Legacy this month. We’d been playing once a month since August sometime. Ironically, I won the most games out of the 15 we played (a total of 4), despite hating all the dice rolling that comes along with Risk. But the world changing aspects of the game were neat. We intend to startup a campaign of Pandemic Legacy soon, though it will be harder to find time for it with das baby incoming.
- Thanksgiving was this past weekend, and we hosted a meal with my sister & her husband, Jesse’s sister, a good friend of ours, and my in-laws. I failed at pictures here, but the food and the company were quite good 🙂
- I finished up the nursery over the long weekend. Last touches included a mobile for the crib, putting the Super Mario stickers on the wall, and adding the baby’s library of books to a new bookshelf. I feel like the walls are a bit empty, but I already have plans for adding some things to his wall once he is here: a stats chart, some photos, etc.
- The hospital bag is packed, and the doctor tells me the baby is head down now. I go to the doctor very week now, starting Tuesday. I will be 37 weeks on Thursday. We are in the homestretch and pretty much just relaxing until his arrival.
- I haven’t done much sewing, but I did manage to make a baby blanket for my little one.