I worked in my nice, clean craft room this weekend. Well, for the main project I worked on, I was downstairs where there was a table, but I’ll tell you more about that later. Some of my crafting time was spent sewing a few quick baby projects.
I made a quick run to Jo Ann’s on Friday night with Mom, mostly because patterns were on sale and I wanted to try to hunt for things with pieces I could use for the various Jedi costumes I will be building this year. I left with 9 patterns for $9 … there was a limit of 10 patterns at that price, and wouldn’t you know the men’s Jedi pattern was the only one on my list that was not available in the pattern drawers? 🙁 Maybe I’ll find it elsewhere I suppose.
I did pick up a pattern to use to make a little girls’ corduroy romper out of the corduroy fabric I had in my stash, which I mentioned in this recent post. Simplicity 1567 was a nice, quick pattern to sew.
I made View C, with the little pocket in the front, for Link’s friend, Abby. There is nothing really remarkable about the sewing process – it was all very simple. The pocket was quite easy, and I top stitched the light blue corduroy with a bright pink thread to match the birds and flowers on the patterned print.
If I had to pick a “most annoying” part of the project, it would be the facing at the straps, seen pinned in the above photo. I’ve never been a fan of facings. But this one ended well for me. The final trimmings involved stitching a couple of buttonholes on the straps and some buttons. I wished I had some hot pink butterfly buttons, but alas my butterfly button collection is decidedly missing that color :/ I settled on some plain light pink buttons since I had them in the craft room.
After a bit of hemming, I wound up with this finished product.
I tried to make it a little bit large so that she would grow into it a little, but she and Link are both big kids. She could wear it now if she wants to, but really it’ll probably fit well in 3-6 months or if not, definitely within a year, if I had to guess.
Here is the little diva modeling her new digs!
And one more just to enjoy the cuteness…
Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about Link. I had 3 pairs of pajama pants cut for the little dude, so I managed to sew one of them. Well, the other two pairs are also done with the exception of elastic in the waist, but not done enough for pictures in this post. Behold, flannel whale pajamas!
This little pajama pants model didn’t really sit still very well for his photos either…
Yeah, the bottoms are buffed because I definitely made them too long. I’ll probably wind up hemming them some more. In other news, my baby doesn’t fit well on the upstairs changing table anymore, WAH!
And yep, those were the two best photos I got of him wearing the pants LOL. Maybe I’ll get some better ones when he tries on the other pajama pants …
Well, that was it for some unexpectedly quick sewing projects from the weekend! Glad I made these now, else the kiddos would not have fit in them by the time I got to them.